Saturday, 24 May 2008

Going with the Flow

It's a shrubbery fro. Need I say more?
Our class went to the cheese market in Alkmaar yesterday, and it was great! We got to see a live cheese auction complete with the forgotten art of cheese tossing. There were a ton of market stands and I did some great sopping with my peeps! 
This is at the train station. I'm a straight up G. Word.
Here are the stacks upon stacks of clogs in the market!

I'm definitely going to have to pay extra to get these home in my suitcase!
"Cheese Gromit!"
The huge downside to yesterday was as we were coming home and trying to catch our tram. We waited forever to find the right one back to our hotel, thus when it came we ran to make sure we caught it. Little did Elise know that Target's sandals were not up to the challenge. One of my shoes broke and I had to walk from the tram station to our hotel with one shoe on! It was pretty nasty and made me a little grumpy, but hey, it could be worse I could have no shoes! I'm glad I have such good friends that are willing to put up with my Oscar the Grouchiness.
 Later last night Chelsey, Carlee, Jen, Alyana and I went on a little cruise around the canals and learned a little more about Amsterdam. My favorite part of the cruise was when the canals lit up! 


Today has been pretty relaxed, a lot of our girls are sick with a flu that is going around and I 'm hoping it won't come to me! Both my roommates are sick so I'm tempting fate here! Most of the class went on a bike ride today, but sadly, I can't ride one so I'm doing laundry :) 
Lots of Love!
 

1 comment:

Chill said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa... you can't ride a bike?! I'm not making fun because the crazy thing is, neither can i! I just tried to learn last year, and while I technically "can" ride a bike, it's not very good and I don't know how to get from the street onto the driveway. The 1/4 inch curb is just too much!
Mann, Elise! I am way impressed with you bag packing skills! I never knew you had such huge clogs packed away!!!!